Air Pal Spectra™ Air Purifier Installation Instructions
This fixture is designed for use with germicidal air purification lamps and must be installed in compliance with competent technical directions so that user’s eyes and bare skin will not be subjected to injurious UV rays.
Installing the Air Pal Spectra™ air purifier is quick and easy (See Figures 1 & 2).
Step 1-Attach Template (click here to see the template file)
Attach Self adhesive template to the side of the air duct near the cool air return as close to the middle of the length of the duct as possible. Placing the unit over the coil is an alternative placement.
Step 2-Cut out openings/ Drill Holes
Cut out the two cartridge openings outlined on the template according to the bulb type. Drill 5 mounting holes as shown on the template. Size for # 6 sheet metal screws. Drill the two sight holes.
Step 3-Affix Air Purifier
Align the Air Pal Spectra™ air purifier with the holes drilled. Attach the unit with the five screws (provided).
Step 4-Insert Lamp Cartridges
Insert each handle with the lamp attached into each opening of the Main Housing and snap handles securely into housing.
Step 5-Plug in Air Purifier
Insert plug into electrical outlet. Look through sight glass to see that the lamps are operating. You should see a blue-violet light.
WARNING: Eye damage may result from directly viewing the light produced by these U V Lamps. To reduce the risk of U V radiation, take U V radiation protective measures for personnel during servicing. Do not operate without complete lamp enclosure in place or if glass lens is damaged.
Air Pal Spectra™ Air Purifier Lamp Replacement
- Air Pal SpectraTM UV air purification lamps are rated at 9000 hours-approximately 1 year of continuous use
- Although lamps may be lit after 9000 hours they are no longer an effective air purifier.
- Note-Always replace both lamp cartridges.
To replace lamp cartridge:
Step 1 – Pull out handle (lamp cartridge assembly) to remove handle and attached UV lamp.
Step 2 – Plug in replacement lamp cartridge assembly into Air Pal SpectraTM main housing.
Step 3 – Look through site glass to determine if lamps are working. You should see a blue glow.
Warnings: To Reduce the Risk of UV Light Exposure do not operate lamp outside of duct. Mount base to duct.
- When changing the filters for the heating/air conditioning system (or performing any other maintenance) make sure the Air Pal SpectraTM is unplugged to prevent the risk of exposure to the UV light.
- All duct openings in direct line of site to the UV light must be sealed.
- All wiring inside the duct system in direct line of site of the UV light must be shielded with reflective tape or equivalent non-combustible material.
To Reduce the Risk of Electrical Shock
Do not perform any servicing other than that contained in the operating instructions unless you are qualified to do so.
This equipment has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). This plug will fit in polarized outlet only on way. If the plug does not fully fit in the outlet reverse the plug. Do not alter the plug in any way.
The health aspects associated with the use of this product and its ability to aid in disinfecting of the environmental air has not been investigated by UL.